Thursday 3 November 2011

Penny Plain rides again!

.
Where is the year going? I delivered the second Penny Plain Mysteries serial back in the spring and thought of the November publication date as months away. Which it was, of course. So I forgot about it and got on with other projects.

So imagine my surprise when I opened up the first page of this week's People's Friend to find this! (Several other people in my aisle of the supermarket were likewise surprised. One lady rushed over thinking I was having a minor heart attack.)

It's the first time I'd seen the illustration and I love the way the artist (Ruth Blair) has got the characters just right.

It's another four part serial involving - oh, let me see - 1950s aircraft, the Women's Institute... and ice cream. And an overarching mystery and a few other bits and pieces as well.

You'll have to buy it to find out. Just like the lady in the supermarket.
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congratulations, Jan!

I loved the first one, I'll be dashing out to get this one, too. Love the picture. I get really excited about seeing the illustrations, too.

Enjoy!

Juliet

Jan Jones said...

Thanks, Juliet! And yes, the artists are so clever, aren't they?

J. Fishler said...

Like Juliet, I loved the first one (again, thank you so much, Jan, for sending it)!

I didn't want it to end. So happy the ride is continuing, that fertile imagination of yours keeping those wonderful characters alive and well!

Kudos, my friend - kudos!

Jen xxx

ps: Still wish I could have been there when you opened that magazine. :) I would have taken you for some serious bubbly!

Judy Jarvie said...

I've read it, Jan and I loved it! Great story and I can't wait to read more. Love the illustrations too - DC Thomson really do produce magical illustrations!

I have a MW Pocket Novel coming out in Jan and have to say I'm so excited about seeing the cover just because I love them so! I will probably be found lovingly stroking it in Asdas ggg

Congratulations! And very well done. Go Penny! (Love Leo too) Judy

Jan Jones said...

So glad you like Penny and Leo, Judy. They are a complete joy to write (well, apart from the tricksy plotting bit)

Jen - You may yet be getting a Christmas present from England...

Lesley Cookman said...

Penny Plain for now - SOD2 soon... Jan your output is impressive. Keep going, girl! (And congratulations!) xx

Soapfan said...

Oh, I don´t have the first 2 parts of the serial. Anybody want to share it with me scanning those pages? thanks