Saturday 7 August 2010

Dragons!

.
So the 50th Anniversary RNA Conference at Greenwich has been and gone. It was wonderful and exhilarating and exhausting and ... and its absence has left a whacking great hole in my life.





I ought to be filling that hole with writing, and indeed, I have sent off a couple of shorts, but you can't keep an addicted conference organiser down, so last week I went to the site of next year's RNA Conference in Caerleon.



And found dragons. All over Newport. Provided by a most enlightened council for schools, clubs and professional artists to decorate. I couldn't get pics of the ones in the shop windows, but here are a few to delight you.





Enjoy!
.

9 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

And brilliantly organized the RNA Conference was, yet again, thank you. I don't know how you do it all, but I'm glad you do.

Love those dragons.

Unknown said...

Can't wait for next year's conference either....

Love the dragons - want to take one home.
lx

Stephanie Bisby said...

Aren't the dragons wonderful? There seems to be a vogue for decorated animals/mythical creatures at the moment - Bath has lions which are also cool.

Jan Jones said...

Thanks, Debs. Conference is lots of work - but lots of fun too, and totally worth it.

Thanks, Liz. I really fell for the little bronze dragon. Want him so much.

Hi Stephanie - decorated creatures cheer a town up and give it surprise and interest, I find. One day I must see the Bath lions.

Karen said...

A proper dragon-fest, I love it! Glad you had a great conference, I've been reading about it everywhere and feeling envious :o)

Talli Roland said...

Thank you for a great conference, Jan! So looking forward to next year - thanks for the dragons!

Jan Jones said...

You're welcome, Talli - it was lovely to meet you.

And, Karen, go on, take the plunge and join us next year. You know you want to.

Susie Vereker said...

Amazing, Jan. Look forward to it.

Penny Grubb said...

I too came back from Caerleon with dragon pics. Not as numerous or as distinct as yours. But weren't they amazing!