Wednesday 9 December 2009

Surprise review!

.
How lovely is my friend Kate Hardy! I clicked on her bog this morning on my usual round up and saw this!

Reading: Jan Jones, Fortunate Wager – read this in one sitting. I love Jan’s Newmarket books because she has the place spot on. I also love her characterisation (Caroline is a tad unconventional and utterly lovely – the kind you’d want to be your friend; and Alexander is just gorgeous), her dialogue, the way she writes the most horrible villains, and the rollicking good pace of her stories. (Jan, you’d better have the next one almost complete now. Impatient readers – i.e. me – want the next one…)

Thanks, Kate! And congrats to you for being nominated for "Best Presents"

(Oh, and the next Newmarket Regency is, er, in progress. Ish. Very ish.)
.

7 comments:

Liz Fielding said...

What a wonderful review, Jan. Much deserved, too.

Lesley Cookman said...

Ahem - as someone who read those books a Long Time Ago, I want first dibs on the next one. And Pam's review was spot on. x

Lesley Cookman said...

PS Also a follow up to Stage by Stage, please.

Jayne said...

Fantastic! You must be over the moon :)

Kate Hardy said...

It was a lovely book and deserved everything I said :o)

And I agree with Lesley. Follow up to SBS too, please.

(Hey, Lesley, are you going to crack the whip while I offer chocolates as the 'carrot'?)

Susie Vereker said...

Congrats again, Jan.

Jan Jones said...

Aren't you all lovely. Every comment treasured and appreciated. Thanks, all!