Friday 21 November 2008

Another day, another library

.
But this this time it was the fabulous library at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, and I wasn't talking (well, I was, but I wasn't Talking) but catching up with my lovely friends at the Romantic Novelists' Association Winter Party.


I was actually having such a good time that I failed to take any photos until Catherine gave her speech (below), so here's one I pinched from the gorgeous Liz Fenwick.





Catherine Jones (aka Kate Lace) gave a rousing speech celebrating the fact that the press (I believe the Guardian was mentioned) have finally realised what the rest of us knew all the time - that romantic fiction is a Good Thing, especially in these days of doom and gloom.

Huzzah! Let's hope sacksful of stories are sold for Christmas - and bagsful of books are borrowed from libraries beforehand.

(Especially mine - Fair Deception - a perfect regency-style present for your nearest and dearest, see the side-bar or the Hale website)
.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what I'm reading for Christmas!!! It was wonderful to see you :-)

Kate Johnson said...

Really, did she mention the Guardian? Must have only been one, quiet mention...

Great to see you Jan, and what a great party it was!

Nicola Slade said...

Jan, can you do a re-run of the party next week please,because I was too poorly to attend?

Jan Jones said...

Well, you know I'd like to, Nicky, but I'm not sure the IMechE could cope with the RNA two weeks running.

Also, we have to give K8 time to get some feeling back into her toes.

Karen said...

Romantic fiction is always a good thing, and I'll be putting Fair Deception on my To Read list :o)